Pages

Saturday, October 3, 2009

AHH, the calm before the storm

I love this feeling. There's nothing like it.

Having everything wrapped up and lined up for game day the day before, already crossed all my T's and dotted all my I's - several times, and just chillin' and relaxing before the game.

This morning has been wonderful.

Everything is in place for the games. (We've got home football, women's soccer and two volleyball matches today.) All bases are covered. My mind is at ease, and I'm ready for the curveballs that I know will be coming my way today.

Woke up this morning and took the family out for breakfast. Drink three cups of coffee at McDonald's while the kids played video games.

Came home and got ready for the game and hit the road at 10:30 a.m. Showed up at my office around 11 a.m. and was set up in the press box by 11:30 a.m.

Preparation goes a long way. And somehow I got everything lined up this week. It's been a crazy week to say the least.

But to have every thing in place is such a great feel. Nothing like having my mind at ease as I gear up for the football game.

Like I said, there is nothing like the calm before the storm.

And now, let's play some football.

No comments:

Post a Comment