Yes, it's crossover season, and I will let you fill in the blank however you feel. It's absolutely the craziest, maddening, head-spinning, sleep-depriving time of the year.
With this in mind, I thought I would have a little fun and ask my fellow SIDs to finish this sentence: You know it's crossover season when ...
Here are the responses:
- You start saying "He's lining up for a 39-yard free throw."
- You earn a Starbucks gold card 'freebie' within two weeks instead of two months.
- You receive a 'Thank You' card from Starbucks for helping boost their quarterly sales.
- You walk into you home and you wonder who those strange people (a.k.a. your spouse and kids) are in your house and question how they got in.
- You're not sure if you spend less time eating or sleeping.
- You answer your cell phone when it's really your alarm going off.
- You know more about the life and times of the charter bus driver than you do about your family.
- A home-cooked meal is something not from McDonald's or the concession stand.
- You're not sure in doing Stat Crew if 'R' is for 'Run' or 'Rebound.'
- You promise yourself you're going to be better prepared for the next crossover season. (Yeah, right LOL)
- (For those of us who have birthdays during crossover season) You think it's not busy when you 'only' have three events going on on your birthday.
- When you work 10 home events in a week and work 19-hour days.
- You feel like your life is a movie because there's always background music (a.k.a. pre-game/warm-up music).
- You spend more hours in the office in one day than you will sleeping all week.
- You continually mutter the statement: 'Someone really needs to invent a coffee IV.'
- Your workday crosses from sunset to sunrise to sunset and your to-do list is still a week-long.
- You get to the soccer field and realize you were supposed to be at the gym.
Thanks to Matt Sullivan, John Roushkolb, Sara Williams, Greg Ruff, Cindy Fotti and Tom Chatfield for their submissions to the list.